A bicycle for your travels



I don't think I've ever shared this with my readers, but I don't drive.  I have a license and I used to drive up until about a year ago until I decided not to drive, anymore.  And so, ever since, I haven't driven, and I love it.  Sure it's a bit harder to get around town and the distance that you can travel is some what limited but I find it rather wonderful in many ways, I'm sure many of which you can easily name off the top of your heads:  Being green, exercise, the wind in my hair, exercise, being green, no money wasted on gas, insurance, registration and maintenance.

Anyway, being such a fan of bicycling now I know that bicycling will very much be a part of my life in the country as well, so I decided to put together the perfect bicycle for the country.

My current bicycle has a basket attached to the back which I find to be most useful since the bike serves as my main mode of transportation, I find it especially helpful on Sundays when I visit the Farmer's Market and dump all the produce I've just bought into it.  Thus I do believe that at least a basket will be necessary for a country bike.




In the city amongst the many cars passing you by you need a horn while in the country you'll probably only need a bell.



Shop Linus Bikes

2 comments:

Chris said...

I don't drive either - but I found the best way not to be limited by the bicycle was to get a folding bike - I can get around the same way I always did by bike, but I can also take it with me on the bus, or in a friend's car, if we're meeting somewhere. It's really worked well for me, at least.

Rabbit Shades said...

I've always been really intrigued by the folding bike but just assumed it was pretty expensive compared to other non-folding bikes. Know of any affordable one's?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...